Sunday breakfast is always a challenge, I want my holiday breakfast quick easy and yet delicious as sundays are really lazy most of the time. So today its same, quick and easy Eggs with bread Toast..Out of which one compliment says "Vibrant Breakfast" :) (Vibrant- feels nice hearing this).
|Sunday Dream - Sunny Sunday With Bread Toast|
2 tbsp Butter or Margarine
1 large finely chopped white onion
1 medium over riped finely chopped bright red tomato
2 tbsp red chilly sauce
Pinch of Red kashmiri chilly powder (kishmiri chilly powder is not much spicy and gives wonderful red colour. Use and adjust to your taste)
1 tsp dried organo flakes
1 tsp dried parsley (optional)
1 tsp Mixed spices herb
1 tsp fresh basil (can use dried one too..i used both dried and fresh)
1 tbsp Fresh Coriander leaves
6 large eggs
Pinch of black pepper about 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Note: If tomatoes are bright red and over riped, only than you'll get this nice red color else other option is you can use edible red food color too, totally up to you, luckily i got good bright tomatoes and another was having Kashmiri chilly powder)
- In non stick tawa pan, melt butter or margarine and saute finely chopped onion until translucent, add finely chopped over riped tomatoes, red chilly sauce and kashmiri chilly powder. Saute them until tomatoes are cooked and all gets into semi paste like in consistency.
- Now add all dry herbs with fresh coriander and basil, about 2-3 tbsp of water and little of salt to taste (as again salt will be used furthur so be carefull).
- Spread this gravy all across pan (on all sides of pan like a thin layer).
- Now crack the unbeaten eggs one at time directly over the gravy evenly (Similar to half fry), 5 eggs around the edges and 1 at the centre . Do not mix at all, just sprinkle salt and black pepper and allow it to cook on low flame for about 10 -15 minutes, or until you see egg yolks are not runny at all.
- Garnish it with fresh coriander leaves.
- And enjoy it with toasted bread. See the picture below to get idea as how i did.
Serves : 4
Total Time : 20-22 minutes.