As monsoons around, this is a quick and healthy recipe for munching. A very easy recipe, where you wont stop eating one. The Cutlet or patties can be shallow fried or deep fried, but i myself prefer to have shallow fried Cutlets. Have a look below.
1 Medium boiled and mashed potato
1 medium small chopped onion
2 bread sliced (dip in water and crumble it in the mixture)
1 tbsp kasuri methi slightly crushed between your palms (dry fenugreek leaves)
2 tbsp besan (chickpea flour)
1/4 cup grated cheese (i used Parmesan cheese which was left out, but please feel free to use process cheese or cheddar cheese any of it)
1 tsp Cumin Powder
1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
1 tsp red chilly powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Ginger paste
1 tsp green chilly paste
Salt to taste and
Olive oil or any other oil for shallow frying the cutlets..
- In a bowl, Mix grated paneer, boiled and mashed potato, chopped onion, bread dipped in water and crumbled a little, slightly crushed kasuri methi, besan, grated cheese, cumin powder, garam masala powder, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, ginger paste, green chilly paste and salt.
- Now give a usual Cutlet or patty shape.
- Heat a little qty of oil in a non stick pan for shallow frying the Cutlets /Patties.
- Shallow fry it on medium flame until light golden brown from both the sides with crunchy texture from outside and soft from inside.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or Green coriander or Mint Chutney.
Take two slice of a bread, Spread butter and Green coriander or mint chutney, and place Paneer Cutlet /Patty. Cover it with another bread slice for sandwich.
Here is your Paneer cutlet Sandwich ready to serve. Or else you can Grilled the sandwiches too.